AVAILABLE IN BETA
The Autotask connector is available in beta phase! To participate and give us your feedback, send us an email at email@example.com.
Important: while we expect the connection to work as expected during the beta phase, we recommend that you do NOT disable email alerts for now, so you still have a backup if anything goes wrong in the ticket creation.
Two security options:
- Recommended - Generate username/secret on a new API User who has been assigned a dedicated Security Level (restricted permissions) – Start at step 1
- Generate API username/secret on a new API User which has been assigned a system Security Level (all permissions except costs) – Go directly to step 2
Autotask documentation about API Users:
1. Create a custom Security Level
- In Autotask, go in the Menu > Admin > Account Settings & Users > Resources/Users > Security Levels.
- Copy an API User security level, such as "API User (system) Can't Read Costs (API-only)"
- Make sure the right permissions are granted, and that the "Active" box is checked.
List of required permissions:
- CRM > Account & Contact Access (All), on all objects
- Service Desk > Tickets, at least View, Add and Edit
2. Add new API User
After the new Security Level creation:
- Go to Menu > Admin > Account settings & users > Resources/Users
- In + New, click on New API User
- Fill out the required fields in the form.
- The "Active" box must be selected and the “Locked” checkbox unselected
- Security Level:
- Custom security level (see section 1)
- Or system security level ("Can't Read Costs" is recommended)
- Generate Username (Key) and Password (Secret): these data will be asked when setuping the connection with Autotask in Office Protect.
- IMPORTANT - Integration Vendor: select "Office Protect - Alert Integration" in the listNote that the Integration Vendor cannot be edited after the API User has been created.
- Click Save and close. You can now start your integration with Office Protect